Since 2006 J Dapper has joint ventured with real estate attorney Scott Silver (www.silverlawla.com) on more than a dozen ground up developments and value add shopping center projects in Las Vegas. Scott has been active as an attorney and principal in commercial real estate for almost 20 years, and, in addition to his countless transactions for clients while an associate at Proskauer Rose LLP and Silver Law Offices since 1999, since 2002 he has sponsored the acquisition, leasing, finance and disposition of more than 40 retail, industrial and office projects in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Texas valued at hundreds of millions of dollars.
J and Scott's joint venture is called "Ten15 Development" (aptly named because Scott drives the 10 freeway in Los Angeles to the 15 freeway to meet with J in Las Vegas!). Their partnership is renowned for being quick and pragmatic; they see opportunities and pounce. Scott’s ability to see past legal terms and think through the business perspective provides an incredibly astute level of risk management. J’s ability to source deals and keep his finger on the pulse – because he’s born, bred and active in the Las Vegas market as a developer, broker and Clark County Commissioner – is among the best. Together they have created a model that has provided great profits to their family and friends investors. They source, acquire, investigate, build, lease, build-out, finance, manage, operate, sell… all of it in-house by them and their team.
Ten15's Guiding Principals
- The golden rule - seek good business ethics - just because you can do something doesn't mean you should
- No (or minimal) bank debt - source loans from investors who have shared interest in project success
- Take no fees or profits until investors are repaid
- Build more attractive and better quality buildings - don't blight the land with bad "cookie cutter" architecture
- Establish and nurture tenant relationships - they are your customers and deserve to be treated as such